Monday, September 23, 2013

Sewing room work. Again.

Organization is frustrating. There is a lot of time spent moving stuff around, then moving it back to the first place, then to a third place. You know stuff is getting put away but it doesn't seem like you're moving fewer boxes. I really hope that soon I'll be moving zero boxes.

This weekend I got the second half of the carpet in the den area laid.

The color looks a lot different, but the sample I tested was exactly the same, so I assume it's different levels of wear. I'll vacuum and maybe shampoo both sides at some point. I used carpet tape to hold the main seam together, but I'm letting the rest of the carpet relax a little. It's a little lumpy from being bent up and shoved into various spots around the basement; it needs some time to recover.

I'm trying to focus more on one room at a time, but of course I didn't spend nearly enough time in the sewing room this weekend. Part of that was feeling generally crappy, part of that was just regular weekend chaos. I want to get the mess at least down to a dull roar so I can sew Halloween costumes, although dragging everything out to the big table in the den is always an option.

Normally I have the desk in the sewing room up against the wall, but lately that's just seemed depressing. Very Baby-in-the-corner. So I turned it, which you probably cannot really see here because of all the junk. Also because I should have taken a step back before I took the picture.

The peacock chair needs to go...somewhere. I don't know where. It's usually in our room, but it feels so nice and open without it. I don't want to get rid of it, but I don't know where to put it. First world problems.

The bookcase things (technical term) behind the desk came from Yaya's closet because he doesn't need them anymore, but I'm not sure what I want to put on them since they're open-sided. Books? Dolls? Small packages of stuff, like my electric scissors? Huge collection of egg cartons? Maybe once I actually start getting into organizing stuff and not boxes the answer will be clearer.

Look! Bare floor!

I knew there was some here somewhere.

Tomorrow I'm going to give wiring a new light a shot. I have one in there, but I want a switch by the door and something other than a bare bulb fixture. Everything is open, so you'd think it would be relatively simple, but I guess I'll find out. I imagine the trickiest part of it will be where I need to drill a hole directly below some PVC pipes coming from the bathroom. That could go really wrong really fast. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment