Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Midweek favorites

I don't have much to say today, as I'm trying to finish up Yaya's bedding for the One Room Challenge. I thought I'd share some pretty things I found on Pinterest/blogs/the internet instead.

I am absolutely amazed at this house. It's a machine shed, you guys. A machine. shed. Our Thrifty Nest of Six, found via On the Banks of Squaw Creek.

Here's a second tour showing more of the house, including the fantastic porch they've recently added.

I found this kitchen via Desire to Inspire. Black cabinets are not usually my thing, but every detail in this kitchen is amazing. I'm in love with the velvet couch and the spool-legged table.

With Christmas coming up, bokeh is something I want to learn to do. This post makes it look easy enough, although the f stop on my camera only goes down to 4.5.

One time when we were at B's aunt's house for a holiday thing (probably Easter), his aunt said "Jessica!" I looked up and she snapped my picture with no warning. She said she wanted pictures of everybody and people always said no if she asked. This post wouldn't have saved me from looking like a deer in the headlights in that picture, but knowing how to look good in pictures is never a bad thing.

Immediately after I got new lampshades in the living room, they got stained with some unknown substance. I'm not sure if this would actually cover that up, but I'd like to try.

And finally, I really want to try this. My couch is something called "bonded leather," but I figure I can try this on the back and see if it works. I've hated this couch since we bought it and it's really exciting to think I might be able to make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment