Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Mr. Man is ready for Halloween

Over the weekend we found a new-looking Iron Man costume at Goodwill for $3. It was Mr. Man's size, and although we thought he would be Batman, how could we pass up that deal? So we bought it. And Mr. Man thought that meant Halloween was that day, the next day at the latest. We explained many times that Halloween was at the end of October. Then, Monday morning, B found this note in Mr. Man's backpack, along with his Iron Man costume and a Batman mask we already had.

If you can't read it, it says "Dear [Mr. Man], You can take the costume to school." I think it was supposed to be written by us and for the teacher? Or for us and hopefully we would have forgotten that we didn't write it? Either way, Halloween has made my child a liar.

I got tired of saying "It's not Halloween yet," so I decided to do a quick drawing on the chalkboard in the kitchen.

It kind of clicked. But he still kept asking about it. I don't think it really clicked until I said "After you go to bed 29 times and wake up 29 times, it'll be Halloween." That prompted quite the meltdown. He was crying and said "But it's been almost a year!" Which is freaking amazing considering his speech last Halloween, but still funny. I think I know what his favorite holiday is.

No comments:

Post a Comment