Thursday, October 17, 2013

One Room Challenge, week three

It's that time again! You can check out week one here and week two here.

I've been flitting around a lot this past week, starting pretty much every remaining project and finishing none. Time to buckle down.

I started painting his side table. Before:

And currently:

I need to buy a foam roller for the top. I used flat spraypaint on the legs and Rustoleum Gloss Black on the rest of it.

I also bought fabric for shams and pillowcases.

I still need to hem the curtains. They're just broadcloth, and I happened to catch a really good sale that made them $1.31 a yard, with each panel being three yards. The curtains weren't at all difficult, mostly because I scaled my plans waaaay back. Originally I had planned to stencil them with triangles or arrows or something pointy. I was kind of inspired by Remodelaholic's curtain tutorial, and I thought I would just do triangle outlines with a concentration toward the hem. Except I worried that it might be a little too '80s, and not good '80s either. So then I thought of something in a row, inspired by the Nate Berkus arrowhead rug that I love. Except then I thought that I really did not want to hand stamp or hand stencil twelve yards of curtains. What if I screwed it up? What if I screwed it up on the last curtain? What if I didn't screw it up but I hated it? I wasn't in love with any of the ideas, so in the end I did nothing. I'm fine with that. Yaya was never on board with all this stenciled shape nonsense, so I'll pretend like I'm deferring to him and not chickening out.

Be sure to go to Linda's page and check out the official particpants and the linking particpants. Have fun decorating!

6 comments:

  1. Your table looks great Jessica and love the fabrics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am liking the direction the side table is going in. I need to do my daughter's but have no time. It is currently not even in the room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do this. I know you. The fabrics are great and the table look much better. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the soft contrast on the side table with the flat and glossy paint!!
    xo
    Ozana

    ReplyDelete
  5. table looks perfect! fabrics are pretty too! cant wait to see the curtains!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your fabric choices. I'm looking forward to seeing your finished curtains.

    ReplyDelete