Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Headless chicken

I feel very fragmented right now, like I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off. The One Room Challenge reveal for linking participants is Thursday and I started making the mistake of thinking that I might be done a day or two ahead of time. I only had the bedding to finish, after all; how could I go wrong? I didn't even say these things out loud for fear that the universe would smack me down, but it found out anyway. Universe is an omniscient jerk. My DIY revamp for Yaya's blanket did not turn out well, and when I pinned the welting to the second pillow sham it was literally one inch too short. An emergency trip to Target took care of the blanket situation (I wish I'd seen it there five weeks ago, and I did look) and I'm not entirely sure what I want to do about the pillow sham. I'll revisit the issue tomorrow.

I'm trying to focus on Thanksgiving before Christmas, but I can't help but look at toy ideas. I love this homemade block set for Baby Girl.

Yaya would have loved this a few years ago, but I don't think he'd be that into it now. Too bad.

I'm looking forward to getting back to work on my dollhouse later this week. I love that Yaya's room is almost done, and that I'll have a more or less finished room, but focusing on one project for a long period of time is not my strong suit. That's why I have 596842697 projects going at once. Not that it works out well for me, just that that's how I work.

Is it really only Tuesday? I thought I would start remembering the days of the week better once school started again. There are worse things than thinking every day is Thursday, though.

1 comment:

  1. I can so relate to being scattered with so many DIYs going on. My only task this week is to finish painting the bathroom, but it's already tuesday and I have yet to lift a brush! Love that dark wood dollhouse!

    xo Mary Jo
    http://MagicalMined.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete