Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Ouch

I seem to have done something to my back, which is pleasant. It wasn't so bad this morning, so I caulked as many windows as I had caulk for (four and a half, counting the living room as two) and plasticked the one in the living room. Last year we did heavy plastic--six mil, I think?--on the bedroom windows and thin window kit plastic everywhere else. I think I'm going to do heavy plastic everywhere this year except over the windows in the front and back doors. Not only do I want to see out of those, that plastic can stay up all year. We're going to do some insulating this weekend in the hopes that the basement will be a few degrees warmer this year than in years past. It's worth a shot, anyway. We might even spring for rigid foam insulation to save ourselves from fiberglass itching.

I had all three kids home today. Mr. Man has thrown up at school three times in the past week--last Tuesday, last Friday, and Monday--and no one can figure out if there's something wrong with him or if he's just using his sensitive gag reflex to get to go home early. I tried to make it super boring, making him stay on the couch and not do anything. I think it worked. Yaya has a sinus thing. I don't know if it's an infection or just a cold or what. He might stay home again, he doesn't sound very good. Apparently strep usually shows up as a sore throat but can sometimes show up as an upset stomach, so if they stay sick very long I have to take them in to get tested. I'm assuming I'll get whatever he has, but I hope Baby Girl doesn't. She hasn't been sick much yet; I'd like to keep it that way.

Ugh, back spasms. Blech. I'm going to try and find a comfortable position in my bed and try to crochet. I don't know how much success I'll have. Oh, speaking of crochet, I found these adorable crochet toys the other day.

My sister-in-law is a huge John Deere fan, so I feel like I need to make at least the tractor for her, but probably both. I think my sister would like them, too. Guess it's a good thing I sit on the couch a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment