Monday, December 2, 2013

Officially Christmas season

I'm back! I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. There wasn't nearly enough pumpkin pie in mine, something I think I will have to rectify the next time I go to the grocery store.

We got the Christmas tree up Sunday. After years of saying we were going to get a new tree, we finally bit the bullet this year. It wasn't really a planned thing; B got the tree out and we couldn't find the stand. A new unlit tree was only $35 and it was a little narrower than our old one, which is good for the size of this room. We later found the stand in with the ornaments (right where it belongs) but we'd already set up the new tree.

B got the honor of unfolding all the branches.

Baby Girl woke up from her nap at least an hour early. You could tell.

It was a little better if we were allowing her unfettered access to the ornaments, but that obviously couldn't last. There were several tantrums thrown.

Yaya and B putting lights up. I bought new lights after Christmas last year, but I accidentally got lights with a white cord. Guess I'll have to go to the after Christmas clearance sales this year, too.

Mr. Man putting up ornaments.

Done, more or less.

I still have to put the ornament garland up over the window and find the tree skirt, but for now it's nice and Christmas-y in here.

No comments:

Post a Comment