Monday, December 16, 2013

Say hello

Last week, my sister-in-law messaged me and asked me if I knew of anyone selling puppies. I asked my mom and it just so happened that she had a coworker with puppies. So yesterday we drove out there, and...well, you might be able to guess the rest.

This is Zelda. Her mother was a black Lab/German Shepherd, and her father was a Golden Retriever/Great Pyrenees. So she will be a big dog. You can tell--just look at her feet.

She was an easy choice. First of all, I prefer girl dogs because there are no marking issues, and most of the dogs were boys. Second, she was the calmest dog. The rest of the puppies were jumping and grabbing shoelaces (which was cute, don't get me wrong) and she sat behind some bikes for a while, then she came out and sat down. I picked her up and she laid her head on my arm and snuggled in. It could have been that it was cold out, but I prefer to think of it as her loving me at first sight. She is incredibly laid back--she's happy to spend her time sitting around and occasionally eating. She's barked once and that was because she was outside and cold.

She and Kojak met on the treadmill.

Kojak is almost psychotic in her interest in Zelda. She looooves Zelda. She wishes Zelda were her baby. I'm hoping Zelda rubs off on Kojak and not the other way around.

Begging already.

She's sleeping next to B right now. And yes, she's still covered up with the blanket. She very much enjoys being warm. I think it's safe to say that she's going to be a little spoiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment