Friday, January 3, 2014

My plan for 2014

I like lists. I put a lot of them on this blog, but I'm not going to recap any of the 2013 ones today. I don't have to look back at them to know I didn't finish everything on them.

Even though I like making lists, having a lot of lists or a lot of things on my list is stressful. I'm not good at multitasking, either on a minute-to-minute or a month-to-month basis. So this year I want to be a little more flexible in my schedule. It will help that we're not going to have the house on the market so I don't have to worry about finishing projects in a certain time period or about the cleaning and et cetera.

This year I'd like to go easier on myself. Last year I was constantly stressed out because at any given moment there were always a dozen things I had either started to do, needed to do, or wanted to do. This year not only am I going to try and cut down that number, I'm going to relax about what I do get done. If I want to take a week or a month and sew doll clothes, I'll do that. If I want to rearrange a room, I'll do that. If I don't want to do anything besides watch Netflix and play games online, I'll do that. I'd like to open up the wall and build a bookcase to replace the railing in the living room, but we're going to pay someone to do at least the wall. Just knowing that will get done and I won't have to do anything but prime and paint knocked ten points off my blood pressure.

This is as close to making a resolution as I'm going to get. I like "relax and do what I want" a lot better than "exercise more and lose weight," that's for sure.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. Take it easier and go at your own pace. Here's to hiring people if you can. Looking forward to your progress, whatever it is.

    ReplyDelete