Monday, January 20, 2014

Random weekend

This weekend was part lazy, part house fixing. I cleaned the bathroom, folded laundry, did homework, replaced a latch on our bedroom window, and made B replace the door sweeps on the front and back doors. I went fancy this time and got the kind that goes underneath the door. B also disassembled the arms of the dishwasher and cleaned out a bunch of calcium, food, and strangely undissolved dishwasher gel. It didn't really make that much of a difference in the performance of the dishwasher. We need to either figure out a place to put a water softener or get a much better dishwasher, I think.

I made egg noodles.

Then I turned that into chicken noodle soup with roasted vegetables.

I definitely need more noodle-making practice.

It was gorgeous out, and I thought about cleaning the garage, but I didn't. I did move the patio furniture against the garage and cleaned up some random junk in the backyard. There's still plenty of other random junk, though.

The kids have today off of school for Martin Luther King, Jr.'s birthday. It's supposed to be pretty decent weather, too, so maybe I'll take them all outside for a little while.

What did you do this weekend? Work, pleasure, or both?

No comments:

Post a Comment