Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Diaper bag, part two

As with many of my projects, I didn't get as much done on this as I had hoped. Baby Girl has been sick, so I haven't had much free time. I did get a little bit done, though. Here's the start of one interior pocket.

This is what I refer to as the big pockets side. These are pockets for diapers and, in the middle, bottles. Maybe, if I sew that section in two. I stacked up three of Baby Girl's diapers (size three) to find out how much fabric I needed. That may seem like a lot, but when I used this method to make Yaya's diaper bag I used size one diapers. Those pockets weren't useful for diapers for very long. At least this way they'll be able to stick at least up to size fours in there.

Here are the purse feet I bought.

I think I'm going to do three sets: one at each end and one in the middle. The bag will be 18" long by 8" wide when finished, and diaper bags get heavy, so I figure it will need more support in the middle.

And finally, here are the pieces that will become the bottom of the bag.

I may add another layer of felt later, if I feel like it needs it. I think it might. I think I'll have to cut a few squares out of the latch hook canvas for the feet, too. Like I said, I didn't have purse feet the last time I made a diaper bag, so I'll have to figure out the process as I go.

I'm hoping to have an actual bag by Friday. The strap probably won't be done since it takes a little bit of time, but it just clips on. I think I'm going to have to get more lining fabric, though. Need more pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment