Monday, February 17, 2014

The birthday party that wasn't

As you probably guessed from the title, Baby Girl's second birthday party did not go as planned this weekend. We were getting ready on Saturday--she was being very helpful, of course.

I did want the balloons strewn all over the house, so that was one thing finished.

But Yaya had been complaining that his stomach hurt and had thrown up the night before, and about three hours before the party he said he still felt sick. So, for the sake of the other two children coming to the party (and their mother), we decided to cancel. And he threw up again Saturday night, so I think we made the right choice.

We haven't decided yet if we're going to reschedule. Like I said above, we only had two kids coming, both of whom are significantly older than Baby Girl. The only adult guests were going to be my mom, my grandma, and the other kids' mother. It was pretty easy to cancel. My preference is to just take the cake (ganached but no fondant yet--both cake and fondant are now frozen) up to my parents' house and have cake. And next year do what we always say we're going to do and figure out somewhere else to have the party. That way if someone gets sick, assuming it's not the birthday child, B can stay home with them. That'll be a lot less stressful for me, too. Win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment