Friday, March 14, 2014

New sewing room...well, area

This weekend, I decided to face facts: the back will never be the kind of sewing room I want it to be. It's almost completely unfinished, although I did get it painted when we had the house on the market last year. But basically it was my sewing stuff crammed into the corner of a big storage area. Full disclosure: it's almost all my stuff in the storage area.

I decided to give up on trying to make things work back there and just stole some space from the toy room.

Second full disclosure: I did absolutely no cleaning or styling for these pictures. Could you tell?

We moved the Wii and the Retron to the toy room, and they're hooked up to this giant TV sitting on this table with a space heater underneath. Great place for a baby to play, right?

B makes fun of me, but I insist on having the baby gate around that at all times so Baby Girl couldn't get to it. She's never shown any inclination for climbing on stuff, but I'd rather not take any chances.

The treadmill used to be in the corner, kind of between the toy room and the den. Man cave. B's room. Whatever. Anyway, we're getting rid of the chest freezer because we never use it, so I moved the treadmill over to that corner. That freed up the whole area and let me bring over the major pieces from the sewing room. We've been talking about getting rid of a lot of the toys, and we did get rid of some of the boys' old cars that Baby Girl doesn't care about. We still need a full on decluttering in here, but it's good for now.

I can sew while she plays. Of course, she doesn't like to play for very long when I'm right there and not catering to her every whim, but I do get more done than I used to. I wish I had done this a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment