Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Happy birthday, Yaya!

Yaya is ten years old today. Moving into the double digits, as he puts it. In some ways, it's hard to believe I've been a parent for a decade--it seems so long and so short at the same time.

As of the time I'm writing this, Yaya is at school and hasn't been given his birthday present yet. (Note to self: wrap his birthday present.) He got a bike in June that's the main part of his present, but we also got him some sparring gloves so he can hit B's punching bag. Maybe he'll work off some of that energy that has him bouncing off the walls most of the time.

We will be having a low-key party for the boys this Saturday, basically just cake and ice cream at my parents' house. Yaya has requested a Minecraft Twinkie cake (not made of Twinkies, but filled like Twinkies--I think, anyway), and Mr. Man doesn't care as long as there's cake. That's the impression I get now, anyway. I may be unpleasantly surprised come Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment