Tuesday, October 28, 2014

I haven't forgotten about you

I am still mostly bedridden, and it seems I will be until the end of November. I went to see a neurologist last week and it was what I expected but didn't want to hear: my disc is so severely herniated that there is little chance my body will ever heal it on its own. Surgery it is. It's scheduled for November 17, and in the surgical instructions I got today it says no lifting of more than ten pounds for two weeks, and no sitting for more than 20-30 minutes. It says I can (and should) walk, though, so I guess I can do any housework that involves walking or standing but not bending far, picking up heavy stuff, or using the vacuum. I'm sure that includes a lot of stuff.

I have been working on the Yoshi costume, and it's almost done. Here's a picture B took of the head yesterday.

It needs some color correction, but I'm lazy. You get the idea. Anyway, I have to go sew the saddle on the back of his costume then sew it all together. Yay! After that, handsewing. I might procrastinate that until tomorrow. I'm going to try and get the head tutorial written and up tonight, but no promises.

No comments:

Post a Comment