Monday, October 13, 2014

I've been delayed

I had hoped to accomplish a lot of stuff this weekend: clean out Yaya's room, clean up the backyard, and work on Halloween costumes so I could have a tutorial to post about the Yoshi head today. However, instead I got to take a trip to the ER on Saturday morning and have spent the rest of the weekend in bed.

For about a year (yes, I know, I'm a horrible procrastinator and should take care of my health problems sooner) I've had varying degrees of leg pain. At first it was just a little bit in my butt, then it was like fire down my butt and thighs. Then it slowly moved down the leg until it was in my calves. All accompanied by lower back pain. WebMD told me it was sciatica several times, and a lot of other websites said "sciatica will probably go away if you give it enough time." And it sucked, but it wasn't debilitating. Until Saturday. I would rather give birth again than have another attack, and I am still having attacks. I can't stand up without triggering another attack. It's like the worst muscle cramps I've ever felt times a hundred, like someone is reaching into my muscles and squeezing and twisting. My whole leg went numb. When I started crying at the breakfast table because the pain was so bad, B insisted we go to the doctor. Getting there was agony because sitting was agony.

The ER doctor didn't want to do an MRI without me going to a regular doctor first, so I have to call Monday. And I will. Until then I have a muscle relaxer, an anti-inflammatory, and Vicodin for the pain. (I joked to B that I've been diagnosed with Vicodin for leg pain, now I just need to become an acerbic but brilliant diagnostician.) I am actually taking the Vicodin, which, if you knew me, would tell you how much it hurts. I didn't need anything stronger than Tylenol after I had a C-section and I don't like taking prescription pain pills. I took the muscle relaxer three hours ago but I can feel my calf trying to cramp. I have it on a heating pad, and that helps a little.

Anyway, I'm going to try my best to get back to work on the costumes. I have less than three weeks, so I need to get going even if it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment