Friday, December 5, 2014

It's been a while

I am fully recovered from my surgery, more or less. I still don't like to lift really heavy things, but I no longer have to have a babysitter because Baby Girl is outside of the range I'm allowed to lift. Well, I started lifting her; my follow-up visit isn't for two weeks yet. The house is falling apart; B was just getting the kids to school and then fed at night by the skin of his teeth and everything else went by the wayside. We won't even talk about how the bathroom looks. I'm not blaming him or complaining, though; lord knows there have been plenty of days where it was all I could do to get the kids out the door and then fed at dinner time, and that's my full-time job. (Does anyone else feel like, for someone whose job it is to care for other people, they aren't actually good at caring for other people?) He has an actual 9-5 full-time job, and he was coming home a few hours early, getting the kids off the bus, making sure they didn't murder each other, feeding them dinner, bathing them, doing laundry so they had clothes for school, putting them to bed, then working those hours he took off from home. I think we're all getting back into a routine.

Today Baby Girl and I are going to clean the toy room, the kitchen, and Mr. Man's room. That's the plan, anyway; Baby Girl doesn't nap anymore, which is taking some getting used to. Before I hurt myself we were really making progress on the basement, but all momentum has been lost now. B switched around his game room and the sewing/toy room, which is something I've wanted forever, but he kind of mixed the pieces of furniture instead of having clear toy room/ sewing room sections and I can't move any of it. I mean, I don't really know where I want anything to go, but I couldn't move it if I did. I'm hoping to add "family room" to the list of functions that space performs, because why not.

Anyway, I'm now able to be around more, but I'm still getting back in the habit of doing...everything. I'm still adjusting to the fact that I can bend over and pick things up now. It's been months, and I have to remind myself that no, if I bend over I won't feel severe pain or like I might get down and not be able to get back up.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving and will have a great Christmas. I'm renewing my yearly dream of a Christmas village, and I would love to not have to stand guard over it. Wishes and dreams, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment