Friday, February 5, 2016

The February Five

We all have those projects that have been hanging around for a while, maybe they're partially done or maybe they'd only take ten minutes to do but you just haven't started. I probably have more of these than most people, so I decided to create some accountability for myself and do a post about five of them that I think I can finish this month. It's going to be hard choosing just five, actually, since there are so many things to do around here.

I've been having back problems again so I haven't gotten nearly as much done around here as I've wanted to for the past four years few months. I think the issues this time are posture-related and not spine- or herniated-disc related, so that's good. Doesn't make it hurt any less, though, and by the time I get my few hours of free time while Baby Girl is at school I'm about done for the day. Hopefully by limiting my projects to five things I really want to get done, I'll eliminate some of the pointless flitting from project to project that always happens.

So anyway. Here are my five projects for February.

1. Finish painting Mr. Man's room. I don't remember when I started this, but I'm pretty sure it was actually this year, so it hasn't been unfinished for long. It's kind of difficult to find time to do this when Baby Girl isn't around, but I'm chipping away at it. Now I just need to finish it.

2. Finish Baby Girl's Barbie house. Or at least make some progress on it.

3. Finish my mom's birthday present. Her birthday was January 26, so I really need to speed this along. Of course, I have projects I've been working on for her for years, so this is really just a blip on the radar when you look at the big picture.

4. Fix the baseboard in the bathroom. There are a few spots missing baseboard (I have them, they're just not installed) and I cannot for the life of me get a nail to catch the framing on the longer pieces. So...this might be an ongoing project. Oh, and they desperately need to be painted again. As does the bathroom, because I don't like that green anymore, but let's not let scope creep get the upper hand today.

5. Recaulk the bathtub. Needs to be done yet again. Forgot to buy painter's tape when I was at the store today. Crap.

1 comment:

  1. Busy bee!! It is important to make a list, that is the first step to doing the things you need to da!!
    xo
    Ozana

    ReplyDelete