Saturday, November 26, 2016

Break

I've been putting off writing here because I've felt like I haven't had anything to write about. Then, after I wrote that sentence I couldn't immediately think of anything else to write so I read blogs for three hours. And then I came back to this, stared at it for a second, and clicked away for about a week. That's kind of how all writing has been for me lately. As I was trying to put this post together--and failing to come up with much--I decided that it was time for a break. I don't know for how long, or if I'll come back at all, but if I do come back I know that I won't be back until 2017. I am hoping for a full recovery for my back (and the leg pain it's causing) but until then I'm just not moving fast enough to sustain content here. I am on the road to recovery but I'm not there yet. I had a steroid shot in my spine a few weeks ago, and I felt better for a little bit but now I'm more or less back to where I was before the shot. My hopes are now 100% on physical therapy, and the things I'm learning there are telling me that I really should have gone last time even though I had to have surgery. This whole back thing has stopped me in my tracks for such a long time it's hard to remember when I was last able to actually do consistent work on the house, or on anything, really. I made two Halloween costumes for friends (the kids' costumes were all store bought) and a few costume pieces for myself, but those were the first and last things I've made in a while. I'm gearing up to make curtains for the family room, and we'll see what happens after that. But until then, the list of partially finished projects, and projects that I want to start but can't, keeps growing and growing, as does my frustration.

No comments:

Post a Comment