Sunday, January 8, 2017

What I didn't post in 2016, part one

When I started thinking about coming back, the obvious choice for a first post was a 2016 recap. So I looked back at the posts I published in 2016. There were only eight. Obviously that wasn't going to be super helpful. But it made me think: what did I do in 2016? I mean, there were lots of non-blog accomplishments. I spent a lot of time with my kids. My back/leg started getting better. Um...what else? So I decided to look back at the pictures I'd taken. There were fewer than usual since I wasn't writing on here as much, but there was still enough.

Of course the first thing I noticed was the billion pictures of Baby Girl.

Ok, so let's get these sorted out a bit more.

I actually did blog in January, twice! First was my Christmas post, then a post about connecting two Barbie houses. We've moved stuff around in the house and most of Baby Girl's toys now reside in the living room, so the Barbie house is temporarily in a box. I know she would like to have it back, so I'd like to figure out a way to get it back out. If we can get it in a smaller space that would be good, but we do technically have the room to put the full layout up.

I blogged again in February, listing five relatively easy things I wanted to get done. To date, I believe I have finished one of them (specifically #5, recaulking the bathtub). Of course, this was right around when I think I started to get more pain from my back, so I'm not surprised I didn't get any painting or baseboard done. Meanwhile, I put the kids to work shoveling snow.

In March I posted about Baby Girl's fourth birthday party, although it took place in February.

Nothing on the blog in April, but we enjoyed some nice weather.

I made a pie for a horror movie party, which I shamelessly copied from a Pinterest post that I can't find anymore.

And Baby Girl, B, and I went antiquing.

Apparently almost every picture I took in May was blurry, so here are Baby Girl and B examining our new digital picture frame. She loves this thing, we have pictures of all our relatives and all our pets in it.

I also started setting up an aquarium in May. Here is Poppy patiently waiting for fish.

Finally, the last month for this post, June. Not much happened this month. This was about the time (ok, past the time) that I should have gone to the doctor for my back, but instead decided to just take it easy for the summer and go see someone in August. This was not the correct choice, if you were wondering.

Baby Girl had her last day of school.

(The boys did too, but they were gone before I was awake enough to think about getting last day pictures.)

Baby Girl learned about design.

And Poppy continued to wait for fish.

I'll continue with the second part of the year next time. Spoiler alert, it's going to be more of me saying "I was in a lot of pain, so I didn't do much this month." I'm hoping for a different narrative in 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment